Experience the goodness of Goa with Ayurveda massage, an ancient Indian tradition.
Mostly when we think of Goa travels then we think of beaches and parties which means lots of fun and time spent outdoors but Goa as a destination is much more beyond just beaches and for a variety of reasons it is one of the most popular holiday destinations in India among all age groups.
For adventure lovers, there are plenty of water sports, for nature lovers there is an abundance of greenery in Goa and for those searching for inner peace and calmness, Goa, due to its location & relaxed atmosphere naturally becomes a perfect backdrop for a spa vacation.
Not just domestic travelers but also international tourists particularly vacation in Goa to experience the goodness of the ancient science of Ayurveda massages.
Ayurveda which translates to “science of life” in Sanskrit dates back to over 6000 years and it is known to help both the body and the mind to rejuvenate and relax. Ayurveda massage therapy gained popularity all over the world for reasons known to affect one’s overall health in a positive way. So, whether it is to reduce muscular tension, to be relieved of physical pain, or to have a relaxing moment with yourself while you are on vacation, an Ayurvedic massage can help improve your physical, mental, and emotional health.
Ayurvedic oil massage benefits & types:
Ayurvedic oil massages on a regular basis following the correct massaging techniques can offer multiple health benefits such as muscle relaxation and relief from stress, improved blood circulation all over the body, coconut oil massage for youthful glowing skin, relief from headaches, increased flexibility, and nourishment for the full-body promoting better sleep.
While there are a lot of Ayurvedic massages that offer a variety of health benefits and in this blog, we talk about seven of the most common Ayurvedic massages and their benefits:
- Shirodhara is a head massage where oil, rich in antioxidants and anti-inflammatory properties, is poured continuously on the head to help relax blood vessels in the head. This massage is known to relieve stress-related headaches and chronic migraines.
- Abhyanga is a full-body massage where warm oil is used, and this massage focuses on the skin and its nourishment rather than deep tissue. So, the pressure is gentle, and it helps to stimulate energy in the body.
- Udvartana is a massage where herbal paste or powder is used to help with blood circulation, release toxins, and most popularly for weight loss treatments or detoxification programs.
- Elakizhi massage uses a variety of herbal leaves tied together in a cotton cloth and dipped in with herbal oil to boost immunity, eliminate wastes from the skin, and most commonly for treating joint pain, arthritis-related problems.
- Njavarakizhi is a special massage that revitalizes the senses by promoting sweating. To perform this massage cooked rice is filled & wrapped in a cotton cloth which is then dipped in herbal oil to massage the body gently and create sweat.
- Pizhichil is an ayurvedic massage that involves pouring approx. 3 liters of warm oil and massaging gently to help build immunity and lower blood pressure. Typically, this massage is performed with two or more Ayurvedic therapists.
- Kativasti is a special massage that helps in getting relief from back pain and muscle aches including slip disc and spinal problems. To perform this massage, the thick dough is prepared using the black gram paste and placed on the area of pain and then warm herbal oil is poured. The oil remains in the dough mold letting the therapeutic properties of the oil permeate and reach the tissues and in turn relieving the back pain.
Ayurvedic massages at Beleza, a spa resort in Goa:
Here at our luxurious Espaço Divin spa located inside Beleza By The Beach, we offer a range of Ayurveda massage treatments. The Spirit of Ayurveda, our most popular 90 minute, Ayurvedic massage – includes traditional Abhyangam and Shirodhara massages which take our guests on a journey through the Indian tradition. Further, our professional therapists elevate the experience by helping our guests relax and be instantly feel relieved from aches and pains.
Our spa is a complete wellness oasis that offers holistic massage treatments with a unique blend of therapies inspired by Ayurveda. We also support the local community by using homegrown cold-pressed coconut oil for Ayurveda massages.
Guests looking for revitalizing stay in Goa can simply book our B. well package. The offer is valid on Superior Double Rooms for 2 adults for 3 nights/4 days stay. This Goa hotel offer includes a breakfast buffet for two, complimentary airport pick-up and drop-off, fresh coconut water for two every morning, one 60-minute couple massage every day during the stay (choice of Ayurveda or Massage Rituals).
For any customization or special requests, call our staff and let them help you plan your next Goa vacation full of relaxation and well-being!