Blog

Cabo Palace

Cabo Palace (Cabo Raj Niwas)

Cabo Palace, also known as Cabo Raj Niwas and Cabo Raj Bhawan, is situated opposite Fort Aguada on River Mandovi and currently houses the Governor of Goa. Formerly home to a Franciscan monastery and later the Viceroy during Portuguese rule, it was built in 1541 to guard the Mandovi and Zuari rivers. Today, the Cabo Raj Bhavan is used to carry out political duties like swearing ceremonies and other official occasions.